“Oh no, what are we going to do?”
Experts say that every 65 seconds someone is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or some other form of dementia. When someone you love gets that diagnosis, you need answers.
The authors, Kerry Peck and Rick Law, are two nationally renowned elder law attorneys who can help you make wise decisions in the midst of a post-diagnosis whirlwind of confusion.
Avoid Common Missteps such as:
- Giving away assets to qualify for nursing home benefits
- Believing that Medicare will pay for your long-term care needs
- Waiting until the last minute before seeking expert legal advice
- Assuming that nursing home Medicaid is a do-it-yourself project
- Thinking that a revocable living trust provides asset protection
- And many more.